Well….here in Minnesota there were snow flurries and a very crisp breeze all day!
Perfect day for a Fall Harvest Salad!
This on is on my meal prep plan for this weekend!
Enjoy! & Happy Well Fed Friday!
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup delicata squash, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the butternut squash and delicata squash with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes. Toss and return to the oven to roast for an additional 20 minutes until golden. Remove the roasted squash from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the quinoa, spinach, edamame, dried blueberries and roasted hazelnuts. Add the cooled roasted squash. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic, dijon and a pinch of pepper.
- Dress the salad with 3-4 tablespoons of the yogurt dressing. Store the remaining dressing in a mason jar in the fridge for future use.
Live Your Best Life!
Summit Health & Fitness offers complete nutrition and fitness training to transform your life.
Mon - Sat 8.00 - 6.00 Sunday CLOSED